Choose the correct word from the list below to complete the sentences:
blizzard, drought, hurricanes, tsunami,
earthquakes, volcanic eruption, forest fire,
desertification, avalanche, flood
- During the in Montroc, France, in 1999, twelve people were buried under 100,000 tons of snow five meters in depth.
- Last year a severe ruined the crops, the soil was dry as a bone.
- In 2008 the was the worst natural disaster to ever strike Thailand, the giant wave caused lots of deaths and major damage to the economy of the country.
- The most common type of occurs when magma is released from beneath the earth, which is usually accompanied by ash and gases.
- In January conditions made roads in Germany almost impassible, the snowstorm had been raging for more than a week.
- 2011 Irene was by far one of the most destructive and deadly ever to hit the USA with windspeed reaching up to 120 miles per hour.
- The was raging for two weeks in Russia, the large tract of relict trees was completely burnt away.
- takes place in drylands where the earth is fragile and vulnerable to erosion and soil degradation.
- Annual damage can be eliminated by moving houses further from the river.
- The series of devastating with a magnitude of 7.0 or above on the Richter scale caused significant damage to Japan in 2011.
More Vocabulary Quizzes:
Test Your Cookery Vocabulary
Environmental Vocabulary Quiz